Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Testing the Waters
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:40 pm 

There is a large lake close to where I live down by the university. The beach has been closed for the last year while they made some renovations.

I decided to go for a swim after work. So I go down and there's quite a lot of people there. I notice two really attractive girls looking at me out of the corner of their eye. I pick a spot about 10-15 feet away and set my stuff down.

After testing the water I jump in and swim around for a while. When I get out I walk back sit down and kinda dry myself off.

They ask me how the water is, and we talk for a few minutes she is doing a phd in neuroscience and her friend is a masters in engineering. After we're done talking I watch the waves for a couple of minutes.

Then I look over and say "Well, I'm gonna takeoff. Can I get your number though?"
She kinda hesitated so I finished her sentence for her.
"Do you have a boyfriend"
"Yeah but it was really nice to meet you" (with lots of eye contact)
"Oh it's cool"
So I got up and said goodbye and her and her friend said how good it was to meet me again.

Thoughts:
I've been cutting bodyweight for a while I'm at 11% bodyfat right now at 188 6'1. I should have got lean a long time ago. It makes a huge difference in how much attention you get.

School doesn't start until September, lots of time to cut down to single digits. Then the stage will be set for "return of the jedi" lol.

I think it's curious how she would test the waters even though she has a boyfriend. I believe her that she does. It didn't bother me that she did it either, it didn't feel like when the women in the program I'm in do it. This was just a pleasant exchange, it didn't feel like either side was really grasping at anything.

With the others in class it feels like combat. They're constantly probing me for weakness, and trying to turn the smallest amount of kindness against me.

Post subject: Re: Testing the Waters
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:13 pm 

Altair wrote: *

Thoughts:
I've been cutting bodyweight for a while I'm at 11% bodyfat right now at 188 6'1. I should have got lean a long time ago. It makes a huge difference in how much attention you get.

Yes, in my exp, the single most prominent factor,
right there w/ shoulders-waist form a V and skull is warrior-type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxwKibwHYEw

It is what it is.

I'm 6'1" also helps when you're above average in height.

Male average height 174 cm (5' 8.5") Canada
Male average height 179 cm (5' 10") Finland

Front attracts clout keeps.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:56 pm 

Nothing tastes as good as fitness feels

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:51 am 

Jared wrote: *
Nothing tastes as good as fitness feels
Ah so true.

I might look into ways to grow a beard at some point also. That video is also interesting my jawline still isn't that prominent from the side. I think I'll need to get leaner first.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:52 pm 

I'm little less than average height, my skull is more on the said wimp side, and I'm skinny - I excercise but I don't get lean
well fuck

But I don't want to get big muscles, fuck no. If you look at special forces guys, they get functional muscles that are not as big. I aspire for that

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:18 pm 

You cannot get that big anyways 20-30 pounds is a good life time goal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:32 pm 

The genetics determine muscle potential,
skull shape is decided by how you breathed
in your formative years.

Through nose, tongue on the roof of your mouth > "warrior skull"
Through mouth, tongue resting at the bottom of your mouth > "wimp skull"

> Orthotropics

https://orthotropics.com/

If you liked to chew hard breads, your teeth could potentially
be straight and well aligned. Soft foods results in crookedness of teeth.
(according to Dr MikeMew)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:40 pm 

I'll win somehow anyways

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:02 pm 

fufe wrote: *
I'll win somehow anyways
Staying lean and maximizing your relative strength will do the most to improve your looks. It might sound counter intuitive that strength influences how your face looks.

However, to do overheard presses with 0.75% of bodyweight and 50% bodyweight weighted chins requires you to be lean and your facial features will be sharper.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:05 pm 

So I can just go on with my body weight excercises right ?
I do the excercises that have certain amount of reps in certain amount of time you have to do to qualify for the army in my country.
I am not aiming to get into the army, but I'd like to be able to pass the standart for starters

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:25 pm 

So I can just go on with my body weight excercises right ?
I do the excercises that have certain amount of reps in certain amount of time you have to do to qualify for the army in my country.
I am not aiming to get into the army, but I'd like to be able to pass the standart for starters
You can yeah, I would recommend Overcoming Gravity by Steven Low. As long as you are progressing in terms of strength you will fine but if your not working toward one arm pushups, one arm chins, pistol squats etc you won't build the same amount of strength/muscle.

They've done studies where they rated the attractiveness of males (where their strength levels were known) the attractiveness was almost perfectly correlated with how strong they were.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:04 pm 

I'll win somehow anyways
Staying lean and maximizing your relative strength will do the most to improve your looks. It might sound counter intuitive that strength influences how your face looks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMR ... be&t=31m4s

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:32 pm 

My jawline oddly looks much more angular from the front. It's more "wimp like" from the side which is weird.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:26 am 

All about the 'natty limit'

Here's (a) truth about muscle gaining/strength
and (a) truth about ffmi (fat free mass index)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaaKc9d1U8s

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:35 pm 

I often wonder how much of "men being in shape = men being attractive" is:

a) The physical attractiveness of low bodyfat, wide shoulders, lean face, big back, etc.
b) The mental strength and self-trust that a person who does something with discipline and consistently pushes themselves has

I think a) is a symptom of b), which would mean that the lean body is a front and the discipline/staying outside your comfort zone is clout.

Women are attracted to men who have their shit together. And men who have their shit together are disciplined and consistently have one foot outside their comfort zone.

At least that's how I see it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:04 pm 

Aragorn wrote: *

a) The physical attractiveness of low bodyfat, wide shoulders, lean face, big back, etc.
b) The mental strength and self-trust that a person who does something with discipline and consistently pushes themselves has

I think a) is a symptom of b), which would mean that the lean body is a front and the discipline/staying outside your comfort zone is clout.

Women are attracted to men who have their shit together. And men who have their shit together are disciplined and consistently have one foot outside their comfort zone.

Seems logical to me. It's also an indicator of a healthy immune system. Muscle is expensive it says a lot to be able to hold onto it in spite of the costs

I was thinking about the foot outside the comfort zone thing today actually. The metaphor I thought of was like when you are close to the deep end of the pool and you are reaching for the bottom.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:54 am 

Aragorn wrote: *

Seems logical to me. It's also an indicator of a healthy immune system. Muscle is expensive it says a lot to be able to hold onto it in spite of the costs

I was thinking about the foot outside the comfort zone thing today actually. The metaphor I thought of was like when you are close to the deep end of the pool and you are reaching for the bottom.
Yep that sounds about right. Having both feet is unsustainable and leads to stress, resistance and not enough enjoyment of life. Both feet in your comfort zone brings apathy, comfort, eventual self-hate as well. One foot in, one foot out is the magic formula....or close to the deep end of the pool 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:51 pm 

Then the stage will be set for "return of the jedi" lol.
:lol:

I hope your return is better than the last Star War movies I've seen! Too much "hollywood" in those movies!

-

My thoughts on your post...

Maybe she didn't have a boyfriend.

If she does and things change for her in the future, you're on her radar potentially.

I also thought about the famous peregrinus words... "LET IT GO".
It seems like you already do that though.

And finally, fitness!
Doing the things I like has helped me stay fit in the long run - I rarely feel like I'm doing the activities I'm doing to stay in shape. I enjoy them and staying in shape is a bonus side-effect.

But, maybe I just have a great metabolism right now and in 30 years I'll be 100lbs over weight! Hopefully I'm still my own best friend!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:03 am 

About that stress...

The opposite of testosterone in men is cortisol, not estrogen.

Too much stress hormone (cortisol) and the muscles stop growing,
and the amount of belly fat goes up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:24 pm 

The amount of xenoestrogens in our environment isn't helping matters either.