Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:45 am 

"................................."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:38 am 

Quote:
Can you see you are attaching some illusory value to some girl and want to leech of off her, when you know deep inside you have the internal resources to being a content person without being the whore of the other person emotional validation.

I'm not telling you to forget about her, but to clear the bullshit you created about her.
As I have said, there is something based in the past, I believe, that is as the heart of it. I knew this girl a long time ago, first met her then and was pretty into her. The experience wasn't like it is now, but I did dig her at that time. So, of course, I attached all that ballast from the past to the present version of her. Then mixed it up with some unresolved loss, or disappointment, that I am still unaware of.

I know logically that I don't need her for emotional validation. The thoughts and emotions associated with the loss of her are coming up as anxiety, fear, grief, all this bullshit. Its completely irrational. I didn't experience anything like this when breaking up with my last few girlfriends. And I'm not whoring her up, she doesn't know anything about this. If I had a nuclear option available and could press a button to make all the feelings about her go away, positive and negative, I'd press that button right now.

If I could just clear the bullshit I created about her I would do that, too. That is why I am here, boring everyone in this forum with my bullshit. So I can learn how to get rid of it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:47 am 
Site Admin

Yudansha wrote:
Quote:
Can you see you are attaching some illusory value to some girl and want to leech of off her, when you know deep inside you have the internal resources to being a content person without being the whore of the other person emotional validation.

I'm not telling you to forget about her, but to clear the bullshit you created about her.
As I have said, there is something based in the past, I believe, that is as the heart of it. I knew this girl a long time ago, first met her then and was pretty into her. The experience wasn't like it is now, but I did dig her at that time. So, of course, I attached all that ballast from the past to the present version of her. Then mixed it up with some unresolved loss, or disappointment, that I am still unaware of.

I know logically that I don't need her for emotional validation. The thoughts and emotions associated with the loss of her are coming up as anxiety, fear, grief, all this bullshit. Its completely irrational. I didn't experience anything like this when breaking up with my last few girlfriends. And I'm not whoring her up, she doesn't know anything about this. If I had a nuclear option available and could press a button to make all the feelings about her go away, positive and negative, I'd press that button right now.

If I could just clear the bullshit I created about her I would do that, too. That is why I am here, boring everyone in this forum with my bullshit. So I can learn how to get rid of it.
Hmm ok. I will let you with my last tought on this shit. That's enough for me for now.

Just learn to live with it, fully accep it, instead of trying to get rid of it. It's dumb.
Emotions aren't corpses that you can dispose, burn, freeze, send to deep space, etc. It's more like a living thing that you have to acknowledge. Either you: Manifest, Accept, Declare, Write, but NOT HIDE, OR TROW IT AWAY.

What you resist persists.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:09 am 

Yudansha, you need to give yourself a shake asap.
Yudansha wrote:

I could try to embrace the medium as a way to do some mind fucking, as Voyager pointed out, but I would have to figure out how to do that. Maybe subtle hints regarding other chicks I am either hanging out with or may hang out with ...
This is the worst path you can go down now - take it from me. Why would you be doing it, I wonder? Ask yourself again and again and again till you get the right answer. I recommend you ignore that advice totally, whether you're speaking on IM or in person.
- Engaged in nightly conversations, mostly IM but also phone, for 2-3 weeks
- Denied interest in anything romantic, or at least said "we're not compatible romantically."
- Continued the IM convos despite saying she normally didn't do that
- Continued the convos despite not wanting a romantic involvement
- Invited me to spend thanksgiving with her family, which seems to me would be rather uncomfortable given the situation
- Invited me in for a drink after thanksgiving, which, again, is something I would never do with a woman I was only interested in as a friend, so as not to convey any confusing signals.  
Its obvious I need to completely detach, not easy for some reason.[/quote]

Why is she doing this. Ask yourself...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:40 am 

Quote:
This is the worst path you can go down now - take it from me. Why would you be doing it, I wonder? Ask yourself again and again and again till you get the right answer. I recommend you ignore that advice totally, whether you're speaking on IM or in person.
Just to get some reaction out of her .. maybe to convey that any possibility with me is ephemeral and will not be available to her forever. To give me some additional power in the interaction. I haven't done anything like this yet...
Quote:
Why is she doing this. Ask yourself...
Maybe so she can enjoy what power she may have, or perceive to have, over me. Or, as one friend told me, to reassure herself that I'm not the same scoundrel who cheated on her as had happened with pretty much most of her past relationships.

Truth is, I have no fucking idea why she is doing all this...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:43 pm 

Yudansha wrote:
.. maybe to convey that any possibility with me is ephemeral and will not be available to her forever

How are you going to do that hanging on her coat tails? Do you think anything in your behavior implies that notion to her? She knows you ain't going anywhere. SHOW HER.

Quote:
To give me some additional power in the inaction.
Do you want to know what will give you power in this situation? And I mean real power, not some notion of control over her;

Walk away. Pick your pussy whipped ass off the floor, walk away and don't look back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:21 pm 

Never said the emotional hit was something that felt great. Drama, "making progress towards something but never actually getting it," and a million other things can be addictive in their own way.

In both threads you don't seem to want to accept the obvious answer - let her go and walk away, and there's a reason why. Otherwise you would have just done it. It's not because you get so much value out of the friendship where you chat every night for weeks at a time but nothing happens. I'm sure you know that.

The people that gave good advice were responding to your GENERAL question about how IM could be useful.

It seems you are trying to filter it, along with other things you have read, into the actual impetus behind the question: I have a girl I'm attached to and talk to every night etc. - what are some IM techniques to make her like me? That seems like the true heart of it, no matter how long and detailed your explanation is as to why it's not really like that.

Any time the real underlying question is "how can I use indifference and space to win over this girl that's had me by the balls for a long time now," it is inherently contrary to what those things are actually about. They are fundamental ways of being and an outward expression of your own solidified relationship with yourself. They are not cool tricks to gain power in facebook-chat-relationships. Using it to practice does not make sense in this context to me, a context that was not presented with the question.

Attachment is an abstraction. Attachment is not a source, it's a word used to refer to an actual, specific misperception. Noone can tell you what it is but you. My suggestion would be to do the actual introspective work to face it, not just say "I'm attached." There is no one size fits all to becoming unattached. You have to actually see the error. You can't let go of something if you genuinely believe it is the actual source of something you hold valuable. When you see the projection happening the release is natural. It's not hard to stop chasing an object in your dream after you wake up.

Even if you are trying to let go of attachment SO THAT she likes you, it can't possibly happen in a genuine way. It's just a technique then.

Actually walking away would be a good start.

Not because it's a trick to make her like you.

Not because it's the correct thing to do because of some philosophy.

For your own self respect, to show yourself you can, and for your own valuable time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:11 pm 

Genuinely walking away is obviously the hardest thing to do. I took the Thanksgiving invitation to mean she may have some interest in me. I took the invitation to go in for a drink after dropping her off as a better sign of possible interest.

I don't initiate online or phone conversations with her, haven't been for a while. Any drastic action from me, like totally ignoring her, de-friend on Facebook, etc. will convey that I'm up to something and why. Of course, she knows my position.

Truly you must die* to enter the kingdom, apparently.

Not literally ... just want that to be clear.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:35 pm 

Walking away doesn't have to be indefinite. It doesn't mean 'de-friending' someone on FB either. I'm not suggesting cutting her out of your life. I'm suggesting you get on with your life without her. You see the difference? The reason I suggest it is because you're in an imbalanced relationship with this girl. I hasten to call it a friendship because it ain't. Not since you obviously want it to be something else. You're obsessed with the idea of finding actions from her as signs of interest, and with what you are and are not conveying to her, what she's thinking. I'm not being melodramatic for the sake of it; walking away is a clear choice you can make in your best interest. Sometimes in these situations, walking away is really the only thing you can do in order to find some clarity. Why give a damn what she thinks when it's your sense of self on the line. Reclaim it.

Techniques, stacking evidence, being subversive....these things can't help you here because you are so attached to this idea you have of her as a person and of yourself and her as a potential relationship.
Quote:
I took the Thanksgiving invitation to mean she may have some interest in me. I took the invitation to go in for a drink after dropping her off as a better sign of possible interest.
You're clinging on, you're following her, and she knows it.

You can't stack evidence with such a high degree of want clouding your judgement.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:11 pm 

Yudanhsa, since you'll inevitabley attempt to justify yourself with whatever means possible, I'll bow out and leave you with this;

'As long as you're always out trying to get, you'll fuck yourself over'

- TheKidd(paraphrased)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:33 pm 

Jared wrote:
Julia ? Or Angelina ? :arrow:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:04 pm 
GoldenBoy wrote:
Jared wrote:
Julia ? Or Angelina ? :arrow:
Do explain GB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:12 pm 

I didn't read one post of the thread (brutal honesty time ?), just thought on commenting on Jared's comment.

Look at it as a smiley ?!

I just hope I'm not the only one who sees it :roll: :oops: :mrgreen:

Hint ?

[ img ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:37 pm 

Yudansha wrote:
Any drastic action from me, like totally ignoring her, de-friend on Facebook, etc. will convey that I'm up to something and why.
Well you wouldn't want her to think something is up. What's important is how she will interpret it because it's all about her and what she thinks. /Sarcasm - like Rolan said it's not about some drastic play, but notice the line of thinking. If you put your own priorities first out of self respect a lot of these things take care of themselves. You stop investing time in poor deals.
Rolan wrote:
Yudanhsa, since you'll inevitabley attempt to justify yourself with whatever means possible, I'll bow out and leave you with this;

'As long as you're always out trying to get, you'll fuck yourself over'

- TheKidd(paraphrased)
+1

Also bowing out. Good luck man.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:36 am 

Don't even know where to begin.

Yuda - you're clearly well spoken and intelligent. Don't hide behind that. People that can write well and can think still have to do the tough inner work just like everyone else. Being good at thinking certainly doesn't give you any sort of leg up or free pass, and it might actually be a hindrance at times.
Yuda wrote:
I took the Thanksgiving invitation to mean she may have some interest in me. I took the invitation to go in for a drink after dropping her off as a better sign of possible interest.
Quit this. Stop thinking for a bit. Stop thinking that she's giving you signs of interest. Your thoughts on this are neither right nor wrong - they are unimportant and counterproductive at this time.
Yuda wrote:
Genuinely walking away is obviously the hardest thing to do.
Wrong. Quit this.
Yuda wrote:
Then mixed it up with some unresolved loss, or disappointment, that I am still unaware of.
Quit this. There is no buried hidden unresolved loss that you are unaware of that is secretly fucking with you. This is just you trying to take the easy way out, to justify your actions without taking responsibility for them. Take responsibility.

Furthermore, how could something that you are unaware of still affect you - thats non-sensical. Either you are aware of it and it affects you, or it doesn't exist. There are no hidden thoughts running around in your head that you don't know about - thoughts are either there or not. Stop trying to take the easy way out by blaming your problems on something thats not there.

----------------
Yuda wrote:
The thoughts and emotions associated with the loss of her are coming up as anxiety, fear, grief, all this bullshit.
This is the best thing you've posted. Go there. Go to the FEELING. HOW DOES IT FEEL. Don't run away from the feelings - run directly towards them, into them. Feel them fully.

Oh, and also, read what Flow said. He's a boss and I endorse fully what he said above. And Dali and Rolan did a good job too.

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:30 am 

Quote:
Quit this. There is no buried hidden unresolved loss that you are unaware of that is secretly fucking with you. This is just you trying to take the easy way out, to justify your actions without taking responsibility for them. Take responsibility.
Quote:
Furthermore, how could something that you are unaware of still affect you - thats non-sensical. Either you are aware of it and it affects you, or it doesn't exist. There are no hidden thoughts running around in your head that you don't know about - thoughts are either there or not. Stop trying to take the easy way out by blaming your problems on something thats not there.
I've been saying all along that I have taken on looking into the cause of all this. I was already dealing with some uncomfortable, regrets from the past ... just stuff that was coming up, memories that popped into my head. All this before the situation with the girl arised. I also pointed out that SHE is also from the past. I had a thing for her then, which I never really got 100% out of my head. But it was just a regret, one of those "oh, well, would've been nice" kind of things. I eventually did get my chance to be with her, but had started seeing a different woman and didn't want to go behind her back. Honestly, I didn't think the other woman would be around as long as she was... it was a mistake and I regretted it. That's the background with the chick now ... a past regret, lost opportunity that suddenly reappeared in my life at a time when OTHER past regrets were already plaguing me.

The notion that events from early childhood, or anytime during one's life, cannot affect them present time is something I don't buy. I don't necessarily think you need to know what they are, but I have no doubt they can affect you.
Quote:
This is just you trying to take the easy way out, to justify your actions without taking responsibility for them. Take responsibility.
Stop trying to take the easy way out by blaming your problems on something thats not there.
How is this the easy way out? What's easy about it? The thoughts ARE there, as are the associated emotions.
Quote:
This is the best thing you've posted. Go there. Go to the FEELING. HOW DOES IT FEEL. Don't run away from the feelings - run directly towards them, into them. Feel them fully.
I get it ... the only way out it through, don't resist. Welcome the feelings, feel them. I'm there. It does work so long as I don't indulge ... that's something a lot of people actually don't get, but I do. It works ... then another wave of stuff shows up, so its on-going for as long as it will be.

I stated way back that this is ego related (obviously). It almost feels like some kind of death.
Quote:
Oh, and also, read what Flow said. He's a boss and I endorse fully what he said above. And Dali and Rolan did a good job too.
I've read through all the posts, from everyone, thoroughly. There are some conflicting ideas on the surface, but the general consensus is to move on. Stop analysing her actions/words and just move on. Deal with the internal stuff in the meantime.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:37 am 

Quote:
I get it ... the only way out it through, don't resist. Welcome the feelings, feel them. I'm there. It does work so long as I don't indulge ... that's something a lot of people actually don't get, but I do. It works ... then another wave of stuff shows up, so its on-going for as long as it will be.
You say you get it, but that appears to all be in thought, in your mind. Are you actually FEELING it? Are you actually doing it?
Quote:
It almost feels like some kind of death.
Is that actually what it feels like? Or is that what you think it feels like?

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:49 am 

Quote:
You say you get it, but that appears to all be in thought, in your mind. Are you actually FEELING it? Are you actually doing it?
It appears that way ... well I can't actually show you what I'm doing. All I can do is tell you about it. This would probably make for a good thread, separately. The process of allowing thoughts and emotions to arise so as to see them as separate from us. If have a thought of this girl, for instance ... its usually the result of some kind of stimulus. The specific nature of the thought is related to the stimulus. There is usually an immediate feeling in the body and accompanying emotion (e.g. pain in the stomach and anxiety). At that point I am in suffering.

Then, I see (notice, whatever) the thought(s), feeling(s) and emotion(s) from pure awareness. Maybe I'll actively "accept" or "welcome" all of it, usually without "languageing" it in my head ... Typically at that moment the content will subside. If its really bad, i.e. the associated emotions are really intense, I may not be able to do it. I get taken over, like pretty much everyone all the time lives every single moment of their lives.
Quote:
Is that actually what it feels like? Or is that what you think it feels like?
Well, its dark, depressing, its loss. Its gloomy. Whatever that is.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:51 pm 

Yudansha doesn't the sheer amount of time and energy you've spent thinking about this one girl, even writing all of your posts in this thread, make you just a little bit mad?

Imagine that bitch squatted over a toilet, gritting her teeth and straining to squeeze out a big hot loaf of raw shit.

Now tell me if you feel the same way about her.

You need to get her off that pedestal.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:20 pm 
Voyager wrote:
Yudansha doesn't the sheer amount of time and energy you've spent thinking about this one girl, even writing all of your posts in this thread, make you just a little bit mad?

Imagine that bitch squatted over a toilet, gritting her teeth and straining to squeeze out a big hot loaf of raw shit.

Now tell me if you feel the same way about her.

You need to get her off that pedestal.
interesting. I've had women that wanted me to eat their pussy after they just took a shit.

Yeah right.