Contrast comes later.

Post subject: Re: Meditation app girl
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

spaceman wrote:
Dali wrote:
Forget all other fuckers.

Do it for yourself. :evil:
I enjoy my job. However, the pay is very low(minimum wage) and advances in position would take years with very little pay increase. Also the job is repetitive and I'm starting to get bored of it. I want a job that will allow me to support myself and have money left over, I want a job that allows me to grow and expand my skillset, scratch that... I want a career not a job.

ahk said to me in another thread that fear of the unknown is preventing me from doing what needs to be done. I was looking at this from the context of that one situation but when I look at it from the bigger picture I see that he is right. Fear of the unknown is preventing me from taking control of my professional life but instead keeping me stuck in dead end jobs.

If I am not happy with the job/career choices I have made then how can I expect anyone else to be. I have realized that she stopped talking to me not because of the job I currently perform but because of how I feel about it and what that says about me.
Also you don't know shit of that girl, just by saying hello/thanks in a cellphone application does not mean you are a flawed person because of your job.
Hmmm most likely. Funny how girls are just an excuse to delve in deeper, and more meaningful subjects.
You are projecting your personal inconformities to others. You are also trowing like shit in a fan your shortcomings to other people. That's a people repellent. We know we all have areas for growing, but projecting that weaksides non-stop, it's a very egoic shit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

spaceman wrote:
If I am not happy with the job/career choices I have made then how can I expect anyone else to be. I have realized that she stopped talking to me not because of the job I currently perform but because of how I feel about it and what that says about me.
Damn

Here I was already putting together a reply, working off the earlier post...

And you nailed it...
spaceman wrote:
I have realized that she stopped talking to me not because of the job I currently perform but because of how I feel about it
I would add your reluctance to talk about it showed that...

Reminds me of a post about a McDonalds manager... Ah ha, found it: http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 2487#p2487

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:00 am 

As Dali wrote, do it for yourself - that means the acceptance part aswell. Accept it for yourself, not so others will think more of you.

I will go further and say that you don't have to accept your current job. You can allow it though - and that means to allow the frustration and boredom with it, which is very different to acceptance. Allow the fact that you feel at odds with it, but don't accept a sub-standard version of yourself and therefore a sub-standard 'job'.