Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:30 am 

All these below were taken from the Book 'Macho mais accro' (Macho but dependent) released 1996 by Oliver de Kersauson.

He compiled some quotes from many authors.

It is a comedic book, but he says, with truth in it :twisted:

Here goes some of my best :

Sacha Guitry :

I would gladly admit women are superior to men if only they would stop trying to be the same as us.

A man must marry only a very pretty woman in case he should ever want some other man to take her off his hands.

Why is it better to love than to be loved? It is surer.

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.

"We admire virtue in a woman as long as it doesnt get in our way."

A woman who runs off with her lover does not abandon her husband; she rids him of an unfaithful wife.

Women speak until they have something to say.

If women were good, God would have one.

Don't tell your wife everything you had to go through with your previous wives, no need to give her any ideas....

---

Alphonse Allais. Men use their legs for walking, women use them to make their way in life

Feydeau : Marriage is the art for two people to live as happily together as they would on their own.

'A woman is like your shadow: run after her, she runs away from you; run away from her, she runs after you.' –Alfred de Musset

Every woman has her fortune between her legs. - Honoré de Balzac

Oscar Wilde - "Woman begins by resisting a man's advances and ends by blocking his retreat."

Jules Renard : If you want to seduce a woman, speak to her as like wouldn't want another to speak to your wife.

There are creatures, that, closed in a corset, a pair of shoes, a pair of gloves, take the woman’s form, like water takes the shape of the bottle that contains it. But take off corset, shoes and gloves: it will happen to her as water if you break the bottle. Alphonse Karr

Paul Léautaud : I've never been lucky with women, there were always time where their stupidity surpassed my love.

Rousseau : Men will argue more philosophically about the human heart; but women will read the heart of man better than they.

Cavanna : A man is sane and direct, it if was only for him, sex would have stayed sex. Woman make everything complex. It's her fault that sex has become love.

Only choose in marriage a woman whom you would choose as a friend if she were a man. - Joseph Joubert

Frédéric Dard : "There are three categories of women: whores, bitches and bloody nuisances. The whores sleep with everyone, the bitches sleep with everyone except you, the bloody nuisances sleep only with you."

Women blush hearing mentioned what they aren't afraid to do by no means. (MONTAIGNE).

Women are chaster with their ears than with the rest of their body. (MOLIERE)

I'm not for the woman as sex-object, at the contrary I like when I'm the one who don't move. (Pierre DESPROGES)

Man is pine tree
Woman is wisteria.
[wisteria coils itself up around the pine]
(Asian proverb)

Molière : A woman is like the ivy, which grows luxuriantly whilst it clings to some sturdy tree, but never thrives if it is separated from it.

Henri de Régnier : The only thing that women can reasonably promise, is to not seek out the occasions.

--------

Women on themselves :

Madame de Sévigné : Women have permission to be weak, and they use that privilege adequatly, without scruples

-----

Not in the book but found during translations searches :

Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering. (Anonymous)

"Men marry women with the hope they will never change. "Women marry men with the hope they will change. "Invaribly they are both disappointed." (Albert Einstein)

After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin; they just can't face each other, but still they stay together. (Hemant Joshi)

PS: Anyone can drop one or many quotes if they want.

I will continue translating other quotes of the book, but wanted to put it in more than one post for commenting.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:18 am 

Quote:
Oscar Wilde - "Woman begins by resisting a man's advances and ends by blocking his retreat."
Golden!

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:34 am 

GoldenBoy wrote:
It is a comedic book, but he says, with truth in it.

Nothing can ever be funny unless it's true on some level.

Really good post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:03 am 

Scarf wrote:
GoldenBoy wrote:
It is a comedic book, but he says, with truth in it.

Nothing can ever be funny unless it's true on some level.

Really good post.
True.

I'll add more here, but intend to read the book http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... =22&t=3402 :mrgreen: before anything else (this might be the greatest read on proverbs for the analysis and cathegories, I'll comment it later.)

So, before I found the book, I already translated :

Lord Byron: « It is easier to die for the woman you love than to live with her. »

Cavanna : In every woman, there is an angel sleeping. You just have to beat her enough to wake it up.

When a woman talks to you, smile but do not listen. - Chinese Proverb (allegedly in 'Book of Rites', but couldn't find the english version except with the mention above)

Guitry : There are many women that stay with their men, because they think that their man wouldn't mind them leaving.

Guitry : Women believe all men are the same because they behave the same way with all men.

Geraldy « It is the woman who chooses the man who will choose her. »

“There's nothing sooner dry than women's tears.” by John Webster

(Sacha Guitry). “If we give a woman everything she wants, she will find the desire for things we cannot give her.”

Tristand Bernard ; When a woman shows her breast, she thinks she offers her heart.

Rohan Chabot : Women will blame you the most on what they made you do.

Marcel Pagnol : There are three things a woman doesn't forgive to her man : the good she did to him, the bad he did to her, and more importantly, the bad she couldn't do to him.

Dr Möbius : The tongue is woman's sword because her weaker body prevents her to fight with her fists and her weaker intellect prevents her from giving proofs : what is left only is the abondance of words.

Ambrose Bierce : The man who succeeds with women is the one who can do without them.

André Frossard : There are still many things to do for woman's condition for it to be as bad as our's.

Alfred Capus : Women today don't forgive us for our mistakes, they don't even forgive us for theirs.

Streletski : Men are full of contrasts, women are full of contradictions.

Tristand Bernard : When a woman accepts to meet you, she never knows whether she will consent or not, that's precisely to know it that she accepts to meet you.

Karl Kraus : Intercourse with a woman is sometimes a satisfactory substitute for masturbation. But it takes a lot of imagination to make it work.

Karl Kraus : “Sexuality poorly repressed unsettles some families; well repressed, it unsettles the whole world.”

Karl Kraus : “Female personality is insubstantiality ennobled by unconsciousness.”

Gustave Flaubert : “The hearts of women are like those little pieces of furniture with secret hiding - places, full of drawers fitted into each other; you go a lot of trouble, break your nails, and in the bottom find some withered flower, a few grains of dust - or emptiness!”

Georges CLEMENCEAU ... We shouldn't forbid little boys to beat little girls : they're just taking revenge by anticipation of all the problems women will give them.

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
-- Lana Turner (In my book, it is Sasha Guitry the author, and it's more likely)

Benserade : You are our halves, with us by your side you become whole.
Separate yourself from us you are but lone parts. You are nothing at all.
Separate yourself from us you are but shadows, without strength or power.
You are the zeros, and we are the numbers that make you worth while.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:07 pm 

I find it interesting that I've heard all the 'doesn't really say anything ones' and have never heard the really smart ones.

Hmm. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:14 pm 

Scarf wrote:
I find it interesting that I've heard all the 'doesn't really say anything ones' and have never heard the really smart ones.

Hmm. :)
You're free to contribute the ones you prefer ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:20 pm 

[ img ]

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

Some damn fine quotes in there :D

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:09 pm 

Quote:
The man who succeeds with women is the one who can do without them
Quote:
It is the woman who chooses the man who will choose her
Quote:
There's nothing sooner dry than women's tears
Quoted for truth.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:47 pm 

“You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money.” -Nas

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:17 pm 

Rap quotes too ? :mrgreen: I'm up for it. (Scottie, would you mind sharing some ? :ugeek: )

I like the way that it's said differently, but saying the same thing (this will probably be my next big project, to take some oneliners and articulate it in many ways to make sure everyone from everywhere can understand the moon showed by the finger)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
1. Чем мéньше же́нщину мы любим, тем легче нра́вимся мы ей.
A.C.Пушкин (1799-1837)

The less we show our love to woman,
The easier she is to win,

A.Pushkin (1799-1837)

It's part of a larger poem, that I didn't finished yet but seemed good:
http://www.poetryintranslation.com/PITB ... negin4.htm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:43 am 

"They can't have a fantasy about having you, if they have you." -Me :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:40 pm 

Just one quote :
"It is not because man is thirsty for love he must throw himself at the first gourd!" Pierre Desproges