Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:39 pm 

I was confused about the dating 'Game'. The entirety of it. It's structure.
People spoke of 'game'. Who's got it, and who doesn't.
I wasn't sure if you even had to play it.
So, I sought clarification on the subject with peregrinus.
Below are quotes and analogies to clarify 'Game' through our PM conversation.
TheDude wrote:
I'd like to get some clarification from you on Game...I remember reading a post of yours: you told a girl in a store exactly what was on your mind, unfiltered. She was shell shocked and sunk. You segued into your game style: No game. I connected with that! Something I like to uncover for myself: Honest, straightforward living.

...I want to be honest, and put games aside, but must I play the game if I decide to be a player in it?
peregrinus wrote:
do you have to play the game?
do you want to play the game?
are there different ways to play the game?

Does not playing by the same rules as everyone else prevent you being a player in the game?
peregrinus wrote:
The 'game' refers to many things, which causes confusion.

If I were to flip this to a poker analogy.

There is the 'game of poker' - The game.

There is also the game that the players play, while they are each playing poker, this is their way of playing the 'game', their method or tactics or feel for the game of poker.

Even though all the players in the game are in essence playing poker, they all are playing the game of poker differently. They are also playing the other players and how they are choosing to play the game of poker.

Poker has a set of rules.

Each player has found their own way to use these and fit within them while playing poker.

I do feel the phrase 'game' is used to describe many different things and hence causes confusion in those attempting to decipher what other people say and mean.

so while you say my game is 'no game'. This is really how I am choosing to participate in the greater game, this does not necessarily mean that the other participants in my locality throw away their game. There are still rules and guidelines to 'the game', however I can choose to exploit blindspots and weaknesses in those rules in the way I play. Just so happens my approach is to treat a lot of the so called rules as being in my blindspot, through experience and experimentation.

Occasionally I do get caught by the rules, that does not change how I choose to play, just that that 'play' fails. Just as in poker, sometimes you lose a hand or ten.

This is one reason I strongly dislike the whole 'game' description.
Too many things are encompassed by it.

Minimum of 3, the game itself, my approach to the game, other players approach. Add more people and it goes up and up to infinity.

Hence the use of the word 'game' is flawed.

That is what I got from your comments
What I left with after it all, there's game.
There's a structure to it, and you decide on how you want to play it.
'Game' is just a label though, call it what you will, but beneath the surface there's forces working.
Your's, the other parties, and infinite amount of other variables influence what unfolds.
Thankfully we have this, this forum and the cast, and in due time you begin to learn how to bend the forces (stopping bullets) in your favor.
Charlie Parker wrote:
"Master your instrument, Master the music, and then forget all that bullshit and just play."