Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:50 am 

So here's a recent interaction I had via text message. I'll expand a little after so as not to give you any pre-conceptions;

We are working together on projects(producing) which are unrelated to what we do financially, and have been putting these projects together for a few months;
Quote:
Me - G wants to see the piece, so whenever your available...
Her - In the flesh? Or he wants to read it?
Me - He wants it read to him, obviously.
Her - With whom?
Me - <Writes my own name>. You may have heard of him.
Her - And a few days ago you were leaving me forever. For the second time.
Me - Must you be so infernally rigid. Sorry I couldn't get a bigger name for your read-through, did you think I was acting as your secretary and planning your life for you?
Her - Well you said you were going to tell G I liked it so he can suggest someone to do it with me. Didn't ask you to...I'm also going to use that piece you suggested to me...you want to be my agent.
Me - Do I? Nah, I just know what you need that's all. Anyway, we could make it third time lucky and then I really would be gone. But for now, we will make do with eachother. Decide when you're free...
The facts:

We work together and so this entails me having to put quite a bit of professional energy into her. I have to maintain a certain level of availability and pro-activity. Less is more is quite hard to abide by.

She has a L/T boyfriend.

Attraction is a given imo. My gut tells me this, from her reactions and what she's like in general around me. I also know through a mutual acquaintance that she finds me very intriguing, and that she is highly curious about my clout, which is hidden from work we're doing together - i.e, keeps asking what I 'do' for a living. She freaked out a bit a while ago when I said we wouldn't be working together any more(project blocks etc) and got angry with me for being final and wishing her well. I told her to man up 8-)

Now, I will admit that I like her alot, but I'm not attached to anything here. She has a B/F and I can't be bothered interfering. My issue is that I'm having the recurring problems of trying to impress. I feel a little unsatisfied with interactions such as this. Am I pushing? I want to just chill back but I keep having to instigate all this work shit, and then I get into these back and forth's with her. It seems as though I'm overdoing it, and veering into arrogance. I haven't had this for a while :roll:

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

Leo wrote:
Me - Must you be so infernally rigid. Sorry I couldn't get a bigger name for your read-through, did you think I was acting as your secretary and planning your life for you?
Where did this come from?

It reads like she pushed one of your buttons in her previous response.

Hence, I would hazard a guess that you are invested.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:54 pm 

I was going to edit my post around the part where I wrote I'm not attached, but wanted to see who would pick up on the fact that I am :lol:

That part came from her being pretty rigid about everything, which I've alluded to her before. It was meant in jest, but I don't think it would have come across as such. Yeah, I'm invested. We both push eachother's buttons - she says I drive her nuts - and I admit that she has gotten to me too. I'm not going to dwell on who is more invested.

Time to pull back and keep it pro.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:27 pm 

Quote:
I was going to edit my post around the part where I wrote I'm not attached, but wanted to see who would pick up on the fact that I am
It's plain as day, bro. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Leo wrote:
That part came from her being pretty rigid about everything, which I've alluded to her before.
Have read the original post a few times, I am failing to see where she is being 'rigid' as you put it..

Are you sure it is not you who is rigid?

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:35 pm 

:lol: Goddammit it when this stuff creeps up on ya. Anyway, time to give it some

[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:43 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
Leo wrote:
That part came from her being pretty rigid about everything, which I've alluded to her before.
Have read the original post a few times, I am failing to see where she is being 'rigid' as you put it..

Are you sure it is not you who is rigid?

What I was referring to was her habitual rigid behaviour, not within this particular interaction. But yeah yeah, you are correct. I'm being rigid, attached, and for some reason putting too much into her. I guess I am genuinely attracted to so few people these days beyond a superficial level, that when one comes along I haven't learnt how to deal with it yet. I need to do some refinement 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:09 pm 

Quote:
I need to do some PUSH UPS.
Fix'd! :mrgreen:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:25 am 

I'll make those HSPU's. Every day. Can't believe I got caught out in this and wasted my time on piddling matters.

Enough.