Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Another story
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:39 pm 

There isn't really anything groundbreaking in this story.

I was helping my buddy paint his new place, and a bunch of people I don't know invited us to go see Hit and Run. So we meet them at the movie theatre.

It was me, my friend and then one guy and two girls they go to school with. My friend is cool shit, and actually embodies a fair amount of forum stuff without knowing anything about it. The other guy was subtly pursuing as we walked in.

They changed their mind about the movie at the last minute and I didn't really care so I went along. We went in and I just picked the seat I wanted...she picked the one right next to me. She left and when she came back she almost tipped my drink on me so I busted on her for that :mrgreen: and then a minute later she asked me if I wanted to switch seats and I told her I don't care...but she didn't and then they asked the guy who was pursuing if he would (the other girl wanted someone to pinch after she got scared) so I was like oh I see how it is almost spilling drinks on me and getting me pinched...pretty sure we're never gonna be friends. (:mrgreen:) .

She was watching the trailer for the movie on her phone. I asked oh is that it and she handed me a headphone and leaned back into me a bit (which was pretty much a dead giveaway).

She copied my body language (mirror) for the movie and as we were leaving I talked to my friend and asked him if he wanted to come grab some food. They were ok we're leaving so I said cya, nice to meet you guys. She walked away like she had me.

Right now I am finding it really funny that she thinks she has me. I never said or did anything that was pursuing to the untrained eye it wouldn't even look like jocking was taking place. I made no mention of trying to keep contact, did none of the pursuing. They're on the very outward fringes of my social circle so it'll be months until I see them again...

The thing I'm working out in my brain right now is how did she win there? :lol: . I have nothing invested in this. Everything was her idea, she did all the work.

And wow, that was a world class poker face. When everyone was introducing themselves I picked up the slightest sign of interest I've ever seen. It was mostly my feelings telling me something was up.

Post subject: Re: Another story
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

She is judging you based on the reactions of others previous to you and how it has played out.

Rather than paying attention to you.

One day she will wake up when she does not get the reaction from you she is expecting, because she will be expecting one and not get it :geek:

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:00 pm 

Makes sense, thanks :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:05 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
The thing I'm working out in my brain right now is how did she win there?
I'm curious why you think she won??

I see no pursuing on your part in that story, so like 'grinus said... give it a while, and suddenly it will dawn on her.

Patience

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:08 pm 

SHE thinks she won...which means that entertaining times lie ahead. :mrgreen:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:01 pm 

StephenP wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
The thing I'm working out in my brain right now is how did she win there?
I'm curious why you think she won??

I see no pursuing on your part in that story, so like 'grinus said... give it a while, and suddenly it will dawn on her.

Patience
I don't think she won. I was mentioning how she thinks she won :lol: .
The Kidd!! wrote:
SHE thinks she won...which means that entertaining times lie ahead. :mrgreen:
Indeed :mrgreen: . I won it was very Sun Tzu like
My gut tells me this will be a slow situation to develop if at all there's big gaps in between us in terms of social contact. She knows she cannot bridge the gap without revealing her hand obviously even though she already has.

I'm curious if she thinks I know what's going on or not. She must not like grinus said being paying attention. Or maybe she is aware but it's a bluff.

So many variables the food my brain loves :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:09 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
I don't think she won. I was mentioning how she thinks she won
My mistake, realized this after a re-read, following Kidd's reply.