Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:26 am 
Site Admin

Cupid on Trial: A 4-month Online Dating Experiment Using 10 Fictional Singletons

http://jonmillward.com/blog/attraction- ... xperiment/

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:59 am 

I always knew online dating is hundred times harder for men.. God after reading this it seems even worse :D
I'm working on my indifference, but reading stuff like this is like carrying a big rock on my back :|

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:30 pm 

This remind me of the last girl I was with (loosly). She and her cousin made profiles on a dating website (Christian Mingle?) and I kinda have to laugh. They judge first on looks and mostly on that. One guy sent a unique message in my opinion he wasn't ugly either. They're like hes ugly or something. He was trying to connect with her based on her info (She's a Christian thats about it I think...) Most people were like do you still go to church, info about me... Not too bad. One stood out to me. They didn't think he was cute I guess. They were however teenage girls so perhaps their standards are shallower than older women's. She said which town she lived in and her and her cousin played a game with one guy. He thought they were the same person, it was kinda funny I think lol... They get more messages than they send if they're above average I think for sure. Brought back a funny memory for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:13 pm 

Quote:
Question for Peregrinus: If you were on OKcupid, what kind of message would you send to a girl? How would be your process to construct the message? What would be the tone and feel of it?
I'll handle the light work today. ;)

1st of all, 'Grinus and I don't participate in this type of tomfoolery...but if we got bored enough to do it, it would be very basic...both by design and due to apathy. Then, we would never even look at it again unless the email alerts got too damn annoying. We would never initiate a message...and probably never respond either for that matter. It's like that...we have enough real world women to be bothered with as it is. :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:12 am 

It's fun to look at the Maraquee Value victims for the warm fuzzy feeling. Other than entertainment value they're kinda useless.

600 emails :!: :?: What could possibly be said that hasn't been said :lol: Fuck that play the odds not the lottery. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:45 am 

Marquee Value is so much more entertaining when you know the victim(s) personally...more on that soon. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:20 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Marquee Value is so much more entertaining when you know the victim(s) personally...more on that soon. :mrgreen:
Story time? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:35 am 

Morpheus wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
Oh yes... 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:40 am 

fufe wrote:
I always knew online dating is hundred times harder for men.. God after reading this it seems even worse :D
I'm working on my indifference, but reading stuff like this is like carrying a big rock on my back :|
Oh, and indifference is effectively impossible to convey in writing. The most effective levels of conversation are left out.
:|

So you say ____ in a message? It's preemptive at best, and within the context of a dating site you have effectively taken all of the mystery out. She knows what you want, there isn't any challenge.

It raises lots of questions from her view.

Why are you here? Must not be high value. Kinda a double standard but thats the way it is lol.
What's wrong with him?

The reverse of this is true.

If she is actually willing to meet you and not just on an ego trip. What is wrong with her? Prolly some psycho bitch, or has some kinda std.

Plus nothing quite compares to when the look on their face when they give in. Because you were patient and beat them at their own game? It's healing :mrgreen: and online dating wouldn't deliver that kind of awesome :|

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:41 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
Oh yes... 8-)
What kinda story?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:56 am 

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2369 :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:06 pm 

hahaha Tha Kidd nice avatar.

sorry for offtopic ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:12 pm 

4 months isn't long enough, this was the result of my 3 year experience with online dating...

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... =18&t=1845

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:43 pm 

Star_Above wrote:
4 months isn't long enough, this was the result of my 3 year experience with online dating...

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... =18&t=1845
3 years?
haha
you sure did your homework man. And I read your post you are right-
so many women just go to online dating just for attention.

Even the ones who registered to meet someone get drunk with power after getting 50+ messages from symps every day telling them that they are so beautiful and etc...

the good looking women may already have 1000 messages in their inbox so she might never even see your message (if your message is number 900 and etc...)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:21 pm 

Sniper wrote:
3 years? haha
you sure did your homework man. And I read your post you are right-
so many women just go to online dating just for attention.
Yup, straight from the summer of '08 till the summer of '11, so I've seen it all on there.

Quote:
Even the ones who registered to meet someone get drunk with power after getting 50+ messages from symps every day telling them that they are so beautiful and etc...
You WOULDN'T BELIEVE the amount of messages those bitches get, I remember many times being at a girls place that was on there that was very average looking, like a 7, and for fun we'd go though her messages and she'd let me reply to some pretending to be her...even very average girls get a plethora of messages daily from symps saying how beautiful she is and that they just saw their dream girl. Do you really think those girls are gonna give up that attention when they're nothing on the street?

Quote:
the good looking women may already have 1000 messages in their inbox so she might never even see your message (if your message is number 900 and etc...)
There's never any "really" good looking women on there, again they don't need it, but if you did want to get her attention there's ways, all having to do with space which will separate you from the other guys.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."