Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:51 am 

here is another nice article by Cameron Teone, he talks about The Mystery method vs. Mode 1 (Alan Roger Currie). After that we will link this article to what we talk about here...
Quote:
Mystery: Erik Von Markovic vs. Mode 1: Roger Allan Currie\ by Cameron Teone:

The latest email tells me there is a debate between Mystery, Erik Von Markovic as seen on VH-1’s Pick Up Artist, versus a guy who calls himself Mode One, otherwise known as Roger Allen Currie.

a lot of you want to know which system is better and why. What should you do? Who is right? Whom should you follow? What’s more effective?

Erik Von Markovic will promote Mystery Method: A 9-step linear system where you have to stick to very rigid rules. You can’t be direct with women, nor can you show interest until you have “Demonstrated Higher Value.” (It never assumes you have higher value Basically, you’re a jerkoff who has to prove himself first.)

You should always start indirect, then transition later. Then, it gets more complicated. If you see a proverbial “9”, you can’t approach her right away. You ought to first social proof yourself and he has a myriad of techniques for that as well.

Roger Alan Currie will promote his Mode One: My basic understanding is that he believes men communicate in 3 or 4 modes. Mode One guys are the ones who are super-direct, and there rest are chumps and dickheads (or something like that.) His mode-one communication can be extremely direct, graphic, and sexual.

So which is better? What’s better for YOU? Both systems have pros and cons. OK, here is a quick breakdown, and believe me, I could write volumes on this shit. But I did say it’s a crash course.

Mystery Method:

Pros: Encourages you to approach. Gives you a few opinion-openers and such in order to enable you to start up conversations with women. It gives you some ideas of structure and a whole bunch of contrived conversational topics you can talk about with girls.

Cons:

1. Always assumes you’re lesser than the girl. You’re basically some schlemiel loser with little or no value who has to always be proving himself. Limited to one way of thinking, it does not allow you to approach directly, or flirt overtly. It does not assume the possibility that at a party, a woman might actually like you just for whatever reason. Imagine that: A Girl can actually like you for your personality without you having to run “9 Steps of Game.”

Through conditioning, it forces to man to see women as an enemy to be conquered. Even if you don’t have this belief, by practicing this method, your subconscious will adopt the above destructive beliefs.

2. Also, It doesn’t take time to train your attributes. Example: While it may provide you with some rehearsed stories to tell women, it does not teach you HOW to be an engaging storyteller.

3. In the extreme, it may make you a basket case, and possibly mentally ill.

Mode One:

Pros: Encourages you to have more balls. It gives you an opportunity a different side where you’re more ballsy and display more guts. It encourages you to be more masculine and let’s face it, if you showed more balls and were more gutsy, you’d have more success.

Cons:

1. Limits you to certain type of women. With statements like, “I’d like to tap that ass”, you’re limiting yourself to a very specific type, and I think you know exactly what I mean. There is a time and place for that sort of thing, but this method does not teach you SOCIAL INTELLIGENCE. Social intelligence is one of the most essential attributes most dating-advice seekers lack.

2. Much like Mystery method, it does not really train your attributes.

3. Also being direct is limiting in some ways. There are times where it’s not socially pleasant or conducive. In a small social gathering, you can’t tell every girl you find attractive that you want to bang them silly. Maybe I’m old fashioned but having a little social conversation might be a better way to go. Maybe learning how to talk about casual stuff while flirting through your subtext IS A BETTER Way to reach women.

In the extreme, it’ll make you a rude, inconsiderate, socially maladjusted, prick who is not getting invited back to parties or social gatherings.

Just remember that you can opt to be a cool, confident guy with high self-esteem without coming off as a socially unpleasant weirdo.

Do you really want to be that outcast of society?

Both systems are limited, and both systems are dogmatic. Neither one really takes the time to enable you to improve your social skills too much. Each will improve you a little at bit first. Think of it as a performance-enhancing supplement.. Small doses will improve your game, but after that small dose, you’re going to want more. More of it doesn’t make you better. It just means kidney failure.

At the end of the day, if you want to become better at attracting women, take a hard look at yourself. Be honest. What area do you need improvements in? Look at from a macro level. A perspective from afar (as opposed to openers and phone number tricks)......

Keep sight of the goal: It’s to improve your social skills and improve your self esteem.
Now,

we already talked about working on your front, clout and niche edge so you will become a person of high value rather than trying to fake it.

we talked about doing inner work and becoming your own best friend - that will improve your self esteem.

never come from the frame that women are above you\better than you. Anyone who read the books we recommended on the treasure chest will know why... :D

being too direct isn't good, as 'Star_Above' mentioned- you need to give women some space to pursue you. Being too direct will only land you the low hanging fruits.
the 9-step linear system of Mystery takes a long time to master and even then: if the woman you approach does't already see you as a person with some value- it's usually not going to work.
If the woman sees you as a person with some value (and feels there is something about you)- you don't need the 9-step linear system to spark attraction- all you need is some basic social skills and to make some small talk.

So instead of using 9 or 18 linear systems or being too direct: take time to observe the situation, the environment, the woman\women. Talk to women like a normal person, give them some space to pursue you as well. And if a woman doesn't show any interest move on and talk to other women...

for the full article by Cameron go here:

http://attractwomenanywhere.com/blog/20 ... ts-debate/

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:17 am 

I'd say balance :geek:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:43 am 

I like to keep it simple, to me there's only 2 kinds of direct shit I do...

I'll banter with a girl and be like "Ya you totally want me", shit like that which is a form of front blasting.

And the other is when I'm with a girl and we're on the couch or something and I know she's dtf, I'll give her a little smile and the eyes and say "Come here" to initiate the fuck fest (depending if she's shy, etc... some just jump on you first like Kidd's cereal story).

Other than that I don't do shit to "tell a girl I like her", or "we're compatible" or any of that other shit, I play it off like I'm the prize and she has to vie for my affection and win me over, which is indirect.

I've just found that's what works best for me through experience.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."