Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Soul Reading
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:17 pm 
So I just went on a 5 buyin down swing at 200NL to the tune of a 1k and some change (skip the first paragraph if you don't like poker).

It really got me thinking. I have a talent for poker because I ask questions, albeit stupid questions. They are poignant none the less. I ask gut stressing questions which make me really uncomfortable and help me get better. Most of the time I don't listen, but I mark them for review. Then, I sit in my ivory tower and cruelly critique my game. I play Jeopardy and turn my questions into answers, reverse engineering them. I turn my answers to statements. My statements turn to theorems. My theorems turn knowledge. My knowledge translates to cash in my pocket.

So, my question is about that gut feeling when it comes to women. My gut feelings start past questions and answers. They're in the statement or logical proposition phase.

Where does your gut feeling start?

Post subject: Re: Soul Reading
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:23 am 

Basically your gut tell you what to do and not to do because it's already processed everything on an instinctual level before you even hear/feel it. This is why you should ALWAYS heed it because it is always a few steps ahead of your cognition. Unfortunately what happens with most people is that they use their brains to 'undermine' their gut feeling...and that's usually when the trouble starts...

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:22 am 

Kidd, I have a question for you.

Where exactly would you say is your gut feeling located? And does it ever change location?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:16 pm 

Scarf wrote:
Kidd, I have a question for you.

Where exactly would you say is your gut feeling located? And does it ever change location?
Hmmmm...sometimes it's at its namesake...deep and centered...other times it could manifest as a warm fuzzy...or that "sinking feeling" when you know you're in deep shit...or a whole body "wave" (usually when I know I'm fucking up). So yeah, it can definitely vary in location. How about you?

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:22 pm 

I can feel it at the center of my body, which I think is where the term 'he's centered' comes from. I tend to get second to second responses from my center, telling me exactly what to do and exactly what to say. Sometimes it doesn't work so well.

But I'm having some dilemma with regard to it as I have come to understand every cell in your body is lined with all the intelligence required. So instead of feeling my center, I try to feel my entire body, but I don't get the messages that I usually get. It's something that I'm trying to resolve....could use other opinions...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:52 pm 

You grinded out of the micros that fast? I'm impressed.

Also there a theory in neuroscience, that has yet to be proven. But it contends that the eastern kundalini is actually your brain looping feelings through your CNS. The brain has no feeling nerves, just like the heart and when someone has a heart attack it offsets the pain to another part of your chest so your alerted to it. Same idea with your gut feeling.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:31 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
You grinded out of the micros that fast? I'm impressed.
There are many versions of the truth.

It's picking the best one suited for you. As far as I can understand it, you can only ever pick one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:59 am 
I got staked in the poker room I frequent playing live. I'm almost tempted to not grind cash games online unless I'm playing at midstakes. The games have seriously diminished in quality, especially on the merge network. For example, there are regs that are grinding as high as 50/100 and are also sitting on tables grinding as low as 2/4. The same goes for midstakes. I see guys grinding as high as 3/6 and as low as .05/.10 (Seriously fucking annoying). Moving up with those players at my tables is going to be so much more of a headache so I'm taking the easy route and grinding live cash games until the online game climate gets better. I'm still grinding online but not that seriously.

On a side note, the whole tournament and SNG scene is still ripe for the picking. I just wish my college schedule would be friendlier so I could have the time to grind tournaments. They're so juicy now after Black Friday.