Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: A Tricky Issue...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:43 pm 

Been a while, yeah? Hope you guys have been well (saying your prayers, eating your vitamins, ect).

I've been hanging out with this girl recently. I went to high school with her (we now go to the same college, seniors now). All her friends are graduated and most of them are already gone off to their various jobs around the country, and she says she won't have anyone to hang out with after that, so we've decided to hang out as many of my friends have also left.

However, I really like her. As in like like. She knows it, too, I think. I had a big crush on her and high school, and I even gave her a Valentine's gift once back then. Now the old emotions are coming back, and I feel she is girlfriend material for sure.

I feel the interest is minimal on her part, but still there. She is comfortable with my touch to an extent. She will hug me if I want. The hug is oddly neutral. No hesitation or back patting, but nothing that would indicate attraction either. The hugging feels natural despite our lack of strong rapport. She doesn't budge at all when I touch non-invasive places like her arm. Good signs, but not strong signs. Other than that, I cannot read her well at all. However, she is not a very outwardly emotional person. Almost stoic, really.

The problem is that she is extremely modest. This girl has never had a boyfriend, never had sex, or even kissed a guy before. She was not raised in a religious home, it's just who she is. Her sister has dated plenty of guys and is extremely social (by comparison, anyway). Sex is not a comfortable topic for her, though she doesn't get offended or huffy if I talk about boobs or something, she might warn me with a "Pokemon Trainer....".

I really want a romantic relationship with her. I'm not looking for just sex right now, because every time I become intimate with a woman she bounces afterward (a topic for another thread). I want to be friends first then more later, but I can't be as assertive as I usually am because she's so modest. How can I be her friend without getting friendzoned? How can I get into a relationship with this girl without scaring her off? I need to take my time, this I know, but if I take too long or I'm not assertive enough I may just become a pal and nothing more.

I wonder if jealousy might serve me here.. I made out with a girl last week (because I thought she wanted to be my girlfriend) but it fell through! Should I tell her this?

I also fear she might be awkward because her dad died in march.... At the risk of sounding very sleezy, is this a factor worth considering? How might it affect our interaction? Fathers can have an effect on the romantic lives of their daughters in many ways, as I'm sure you know.

Comments, advice and thoughts are appreciated.

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . ."

-Thoreau's Walden

Post subject: Re: A Tricky Issue...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:56 pm 

The Pokemon Trainer wrote:
I cannot read her well at all.
Do you have the (gut) feeling at this moment she wants you also in the sex and(or) romantic relationship sense? Or not?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:01 pm 

You, my friend, are FUCKED...you are her friend at best or she just merely tolerates you at worst. :|

Oh, and welcome back! :mrgreen:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome back trainer.. Was wondering the other day where you had vanished to and then you pop up again.

If I am reading what you have said correctly and I feel I am, I have sad news.

You are a comfort blanket to her at the moment, nothing more.

The clues are all in what you have written above.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:28 pm 

Yeah, PT...quit disappearing like you know everything already so you can stop fucking up royally like this...I expect so much more from you at this point. :?

I AM DISAPPOINT. :|

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:15 pm 

Hahaha.... I'm a fucking know-it-all, that's for true. :D Please no be disappoint :(

I guess I might be jumping the gun a bit by asking for advice since we only hung out once so far (and again later today). I'll see how today goes.

Extremely hard to read, she is.

I'll be posting something later on today regarding the other thing.

Thanks, brahs.

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . ."

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:35 pm 

You been hanging out with them pirate boat hippies again? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:26 pm 

BRRRR... Don't say stuff like that... All the worthwhile guys left and now there are only creepers...

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:31 pm 

scarface wrote:
The Pokemon Trainer wrote:
I cannot read her well at all.
Do you have the (gut) feeling at this moment she wants you also in the sex and(or) romantic relationship sense? Or not?
I honestly think it could go both ways... Right in the middle.

Women won't waste their time with guys... If they spend time with you, they generally like you, even if it is just slightly. Unless you have something they want like money or fame or something like that... I certainly don't have those things.

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:38 pm 

See 'Grinus' reply. :ugeek: