Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:36 am 

There's a girl I recently went on a double date with my friend and his girlfriend, apparently this girl is new in town and going through a dry spell, now I met this girl once before, she's only 18 but really confident and mature for her age and physically very attractive, as far as personality she's chill so I don't see how she'd have trouble.

Anyways, we go for drinks before catching a late film and the other two are basically pimping me out, I was kind of shy at this point but did manage to have some conversation, and this girl keeps making comments about how she really wants a boyfriend and she really wants some and my friend's gf points at me, I though that was hilarious but the girl didn't look in my direction during this whole spiel about what she wants in a dude (which I knew was bull), then she went on about what she didn't want in a dude, what I picked up from what she was saying basically gave me insight into the history of the type of dudes she's gone out with in the past and I have none of those qualities (I'm good looking and average whereas she's gone out with the opposite) so that was interesting.

So we go to the film and she kept offering her hot dog with me and her drink throughout the film and I went with it, we made comments once in awhile about the film, didn't really feel much of a vibe there but it was chill, my gut was telling me that initiating wouldn't hurst because the door is wide open, so I was going to when we parted ways but when we went our seperate ways it was so quick that I didn't have time to open my mouth lol.

We're doing something again probably before I go on vacation next week, this girl obviously wants some and she told me she's been getting amorati type dudes complimenting her and shit like that which she's not used to (doubtful), whilst I know she's not attracted to these dudes, if she wanted some so bad (which she made clear at the table) then why doesn't she just take one of these guys home?.

Seeing as she's new in town and my friends are goin away when I get back she won't have any friends here, I'll be around and will have some free time once in awhile so next time I see her at some point I'm gonna take her aside and say something like "since you're new in town and don't know anyone let's hang out sometime, take my number and drop me a line" I was going to add "and if you wanna do something about this situation of yours, I'm down" but would that be jumping the gun?.

This is the first time in a long time that I haven't been intimidated by physical beauty, my only problem though was being shy but I broke out of my shell and bit and will do moreso next time, I've been hella complacent with my series of fuckups but made the decision not to take any of these experiences into my future interactions, as Kidd told me once before "the worst she can do is say no" keeping that in mind has gotten me to a place where I'm not invested in the outcome of this. :mrgreen:

I'm just wondering if there's anything I neglected to pick up on, and if it would have been possible to say what I had planned to say earlier on or would it have been too soon?.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:03 pm 

Proceed...I only have 2 things to say...

1) You ALWAYS have time to open your mouth...and

2) Leave off the 'new in town and don't have any friends' part...and be more confident and direct....something along the lines of:

'Here's my number...give me a call sometime...sooner than later would be ideal.'

Unless she is blatantly throwing it at you, give her the space to indirectly proposition YOU...and when she does, recognize it and react accordingly.

Good luck...and trust your gut! ^_^

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:34 am 
Site Admin

Firstly some quotes to start things off:
Alchemist wrote:
this girl is new in town and going through a dry spell
Alchemist wrote:
the other two are basically pimping me out
Alchemist wrote:
this girl keeps making comments about how she really wants a boyfriend and she really wants some
Alchemist wrote:
Seeing as she's new in town and my friends are goin away when I get back she won't have any friends here,
Alchemist wrote:
I'm gonna take her aside and say something like "since you're new in town and don't know anyone let's hang out sometime"
How is any of this relevant?

This is her dipping her toe in the water, seeing what the temperature is like and checking that it is water and not oil or something else.

She is also telling her friend what she wants, in girl speak.

She is also watching your and the other guys reactions and weighing things up.

SHE IS NEW IN TOWN... ok fair enough, this means she has very few options currently. She is looking to improve her options, plain and simple.
She stands more of a chance of that through her friend than through you two guys unless you are well connected.

None of that was about you, in my view. It could become about you at some point.
Alchemist wrote:
this girl obviously wants some and she told me she's been getting amorati type dudes complimenting her and shit like that which she's not used to (doubtful),
Alchemist wrote:
whilst I know she's not attracted to these dudes, if she wanted some so bad (which she made clear at the table) then why doesn't she just take one of these guys home?.
Do not listen to what she says, listen to how she says it and what she really means.
It is not about those guys, it is about her, what she is saying (not the words).

There is a gameplan here, all is not as it seems on the surface.. Have a good think about what else you observed, you have given some clues but have also missed bits out (I KNOW YOU HAVE!).
Alchemist wrote:
I'm just wondering if there's anything I neglected to pick up on, and if it would have been possible to say what I had planned to say earlier on or would it have been too soon?.
She will show her cards soon, if she wants to play.
She is already playing to some degree, it is how much you notice that is important.
The Kidd!! wrote:
Unless she is blatantly throwing it at you, give her the space to indirectly proposition YOU...and when she does, recognize it and react accordingly.
I agree with this.

Because nothing I saw in the above was her propositioning YOU!
It was about her and your friends and the town.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:30 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
SHE IS NEW IN TOWN... ok fair enough, this means she has very few options currently. She is looking to improve her options, plain and simple.
She stands more of a chance of that through her friend than through you two guys unless you are well connected

None of that was about you, in my view. It could become about you at some point.
Looking back I can see what you mean, if it makes any difference she has the same relationship with the girl as with the guy as well since they all work together and I'm good friends with the guy.
peregrinus wrote:
Do not listen to what she says, listen to how she says it and what she really means.
It is not about those guys, it is about her, what she is saying (not the words).
I was sort of embarrassed when my friends were indirectly telling her that the type of dude she wanted was me, they were like "oh, so you don't want this or that or that?" and the undertone of that convo was "well this guy alchemist does not possess the qualities of those past undesirable males" and she wasn't feeling that....this observation I realise is superficial, it's just what I was seeing at the time.
peregrinus wrote:
There is a gameplan here, all is not as it seems on the surface.. Have a good think about what else you observed, you have given some clues but have also missed bits out (I KNOW YOU HAVE!).
As I'm thinking about it these answers come to mind:

-she hasn't been getting the type of attention that she wants (yet)
-she's been going out with less attractive dudes to make herself feel more attractive
-her sharing her hot dog and drink must have meant she was trying to establish some sort of rapport
-maybe she's not really as sexually frustrated as she lets on?

Let me know if I'm getting warmer...or not. :P
The Kidd!! wrote:
peregrinus wrote:
nothing I saw in the above was her propositioning YOU!

It was about her and your friends and the town.
I understand the situation now, thanks for clearing that up guys. :)
peregrinus wrote:
She will show her cards soon, if she wants to play.
She is already playing to some degree, it is how much you notice that is important.
I'm actually curious now about what she will do if she decides to do anything, I will sit back and see what happens. :mrgreen:

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."