Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

After having several people email this link to me, I finally decided to listen to it this afternoon.

Went for a walk in the sun at a local woods/park and put it on my mp3 player.

I would highly recommend a listen to it.. There are a lot of gems within this interview, his speaking style appeals to me also, relaxed not trying to ram it down.

http://stopgivingafuck.com/blog/index.p ... rence-com/

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:28 pm 

Thanks for linking the interview here.

Jake is one of THE men :)

"I mean here's the thing, we all look at the outside world and think that we need this thing. Well if you look closer, you'll find, it's not the thing you want, but the emotion that you think you're going to have when you get the thing. So why not just skip the process and just feel the way you would feel if you already had it, then it really and truly doesn't matter. This is how you leave the realm of wanting, and step into having. In this place, you'll find that it doesn't matter whether you get it or not, that it's irrelevant. You'll also find, at least in my experience, that the thing you were wanting, now just seems to fall in your lap. But that's what's so tricky about it. It no longer matters and you really don't give a fuck if you get it or not, because you feel like you already have it anyways. Prove it to yourself."

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:15 pm 

Yeah, Jakes knows really well how to put the whole concept of indifference in catchy words.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:02 am 

I relistened that interview yesterday and I only can BADLY recommend it everyone here!

Altough it starts quite slowly, the 56 minutes you take for that interview are pure gold!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:27 am 

May be a coincidence, but the very day that I took his concept of being it versus becoming it, I saw this soccer mom, hit this super hot eye contact with her, decided for the hell of it that she would probably come over and ask me what I did for fun and escalate from there and then I let it go. Not 5 minutes later she did exactly that and she did ask me out.

I ended up pissing her off later, but that's an entirely different story of my severe indifference,lol.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

I have been informed that the above link is out of date

I think this is the new link: http://freeindifference.weebly.com/uplo ... _final.rar

also more interviews here: http://freeindifference.weebly.com/downloads.html

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

Dr. Awesome wrote:
Thanks for linking the interview here.

Jake is one of THE men :)

"I mean here's the thing, we all look at the outside world and think that we need this thing. Well if you look closer, you'll find, it's not the thing you want, but the emotion that you think you're going to have when you get the thing. So why not just skip the process and just feel the way you would feel if you already had it, then it really and truly doesn't matter. This is how you leave the realm of wanting, and step into having. In this place, you'll find that it doesn't matter whether you get it or not, that it's irrelevant. You'll also find, at least in my experience, that the thing you were wanting, now just seems to fall in your lap. But that's what's so tricky about it. It no longer matters and you really don't give a fuck if you get it or not, because you feel like you already have it anyways. Prove it to yourself."
This remembers me so much of the book number 1, in conversations with God of Neale Donald Walsch.

I've been recalling so much similarities/synchronicities in the advice of the top guys herein of the forum.

Edit: BTW; thanks for the links peregrinus.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:11 am 

After going through all the tunnels I can say now that not giving a fuck and just total self-acceptance is where it's at, not this alpha shit. Thanks for the link G.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."