Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Whats up?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 pm 

Yo, just stumbled upon this forum while browsing the web and decided to sign up. I've been doing NG for a while now and came to my own realization what a load of crap Rion has been preaching. It was like a horrible cult, even though I didn't pay for anything I just did the NG. But still it left me in quiet desperation and depression. So now I'm on a new path, free of gurus and bullshit techniques.

I also want to warn some people of the effects of meditation and detachment from the ego. Be careful with this. If you don't approach this the right way you will suffer. Not saying meditation is bad, but don't let meditation and detachment from ego be the primary focus of life. I'm pretty sure I'm a perfectionist with OCD like tendencies, thus my obsession with spiritual teachings was almost like a descent into hell. Meditation left me in a state where life didn't matter, nothing mattered, I was just going through the motions and life was utterly meaningless. I dropped traditional meditation and instead just managed my thoughts throughout the day. My active meditation right now is skateboarding, seriously just find a hobby that gets you out of your noggin. I'm relearning to live life with all emotions, anger, sadness, joy, etc. and I'd have to say it beats having no emotion. But thats just my experience, maybe some of you had great results from meditation. I'm just sharing my story.

Post subject: Re: Whats up?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome

Enjoy your stay here, put your feet up and have a drink :)

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:45 pm 

Welcome freespirit422!

Hmm, what kind of Meditation did you do?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:35 am 

"Life isn´t about finding yourself,
Life is about creating yourself."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:45 am 

freespirit422 wrote:
Yo, just stumbled upon this forum while browsing the web and decided to sign up. I've been doing NG for a while now and came to my own realization what a load of crap Rion has been preaching. It was like a horrible cult, even though I didn't pay for anything I just did the NG. But still it left me in quiet desperation and depression. So now I'm on a new path, free of gurus and bullshit techniques.

I also want to warn some people of the effects of meditation and detachment from the ego. Be careful with this. If you don't approach this the right way you will suffer. Not saying meditation is bad, but don't let meditation and detachment from ego be the primary focus of life. I'm pretty sure I'm a perfectionist with OCD like tendencies, thus my obsession with spiritual teachings was almost like a descent into hell. Meditation left me in a state where life didn't matter, nothing mattered, I was just going through the motions and life was utterly meaningless. I dropped traditional meditation and instead just managed my thoughts throughout the day. My active meditation right now is skateboarding, seriously just find a hobby that gets you out of your noggin. I'm relearning to live life with all emotions, anger, sadness, joy, etc. and I'd have to say it beats having no emotion. But thats just my experience, maybe some of you had great results from meditation. I'm just sharing my story.
welcome freespirit422,

this is a 'teachers free zone'. A lot of us were disappointed from 'natural grounding' and esp.
the marketing pitch that came along with it. But hey, at least you didn't pay for the products...
We have some threads here about natural grounding and the big bluff.......

Edit: I'm not against natural grounding I just think the marketing and the promises of what it is going to do is hot air. :|

Anywany I think traditional meditation is good if done correctly and with the right teacher to guide you on your path. If not done correctly or if you study from a bad teacher- things might not turn out so good....

But it's all behind you so just enjoy the ride 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:53 am 

Thanks for the warm welcome. I agree that meditation can be a HUGE benefit to most people, but from my experience I suffered. I basically used natural grounding as meditation for a while and it caused some depression. I dabbled in traditional meditation for a while, but maybe I wasn't doing it right.

But what I've found with NG that hurt me the most in terms of growth and maybe what hindered others is not getting out there and actually experiencing the world. I find that when shit hits the fan I turn to NG as comfort, which prevents me from actually facing my fears head on. Overall I'd say the most powerful thing I've done in terms of growth came from just doing something even with the fear present. Also I've learned to silence my thinking and just do what comes naturally at the moment, even if I make a complete fool of myself. I just do what I want now and stop worrying so much about what women and people think of me. Rion talked a lot about how PUA can screw with your head, but his whole system might have screwed with me even more. Now I just feel a compulsion to NG because its become an addictive habit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:21 am 

freespirit422 wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome. I agree that meditation can be a HUGE benefit to most people, but from my experience I suffered. I basically used natural grounding as meditation for a while and it caused some depression. I dabbled in traditional meditation for a while, but maybe I wasn't doing it right.

But what I've found with NG that hurt me the most in terms of growth and maybe what hindered others is not getting out there and actually experiencing the world. I find that when shit hits the fan I turn to NG as comfort, which prevents me from actually facing my fears head on. Overall I'd say the most powerful thing I've done in terms of growth came from just doing something even with the fear present. Also I've learned to silence my thinking and just do what comes naturally at the moment, even if I make a complete fool of myself. I just do what I want now and stop worrying so much about what women and people think of me. Rion talked a lot about how PUA can screw with your head, but his whole system might have screwed with me even more. Now I just feel a compulsion to NG because its become an addictive habit.
I don't think NG is really 'meditation' (Rion calls it relational meditation and claims you can reach non-ego states with it). Well, it's nice to do it as a reminder of the nature of women but you can't reach non ego states with Palmy (although she is cute- she is not a Zen master) :lol:
Anyway, I pm you. See my message ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am 

I don't know what a woman's nature is anymore, I just know there is qualities about women that attracts me to them I'm still attracted to their bodies probably more so than before but I'm careful not to let the superficial overlap of what matters most to me as far as what I'm looking for in a woman

I refuse to be a sucker any longer just because she looks good I treat them accordingly now