Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Greetings
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:47 am 

Hello guys. I found this forum in my quest to loose attachment, especially harmful and painful attachment to women. Well, one woman. But where there is one there will be more, and that applies to women and attachments. I have looked at some of the pua stuff, seduction gurus, and other tools of the trade, to get what I want. But, alas, all they did is reinforce the attachment. From these pages I have read that coming from a place of confidence, peace with who you are, freedom from the opinions or reactions of others is the way to go. That resonates with me. Also, the other side of attachment is resignation, or fear of attachment because of the unpleasantness it brings, and not a very good hiding place.

My recent experience was one if intense attachment, pathological attachment, and the turmoil I have been experiencing motivated me to get out from under the effects of it once and for all. First and foremost, it would end what has been a very painful couple of weeks. But even better, I aim to understand what weaknesses, wounds, patterns, etc. that are at the root of this experience and be free of them.

Some background: "Yudansha" is a martial arts term, something I have been into for a while, and thought it would be a fitting and original moniker. I am not Japanese, just thought the name would be a good choice. My 'path' as it were has brought me into the worlds of LoA, Advaita, the forum, and some others. I realize advaita is essentially, mutually exclusive with other "tools" on the surface. But why not fill the context with something that can bring about more peace and less suffering?

That's it for now, maybe I'll add more later on, I look forward to getting to work.

Post subject: Re: Greetings
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:45 am 

Yudansha wrote:
I have looked at some of the pua stuff, seduction gurus, and other tools of the trade, to get what I want. But, alas, all they did is reinforce the attachment.
The things that come into our lives come when
we are ready for them, not when we want them.

What I am not ready to receive, I don´t receive.
What I am ready to receive, I receive.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:35 am 
Welcome to the forum.

Many of us have come here for the same things. Something you should know before your journey is that you don't need to have a goal of women. In fact, many would argue as would I that you shouldn't have a goal of women. Instead, your goal should just be to explore. That is the best starting foundation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:42 am 

Slim Titan wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

Many of us have come here for the same things. Something you should know before your journey is that you don't need to have a goal of women. In fact, many would argue as would I that you shouldn't have a goal of women. Instead, your goal should just be to explore. That is the best starting foundation.
Indeed. I have been having all kinds of crap come up from the past. Mid-life crisis? Maybe, and the recent "woman" bs was just a reflection of that. In fact, its entirely rooted from expectations I had from the past. So that is what brought me here, but NOT what will keep me here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:11 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Yudansha
Yudansha wrote:
So that is what brought me here, but NOT what will keep me here.
Well said, good sentiment :D

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:54 am 

Jared...beautifully said sir!
Welcome Yudansha.
Hope you find what you're looking for...or maybe it'll find you. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:43 am 

Jared wrote:
Yudansha wrote:
I have looked at some of the pua stuff, seduction gurus, and other tools of the trade, to get what I want. But, alas, all they did is reinforce the attachment.

Just make sure you clear the harbour so the new shipment has space to dock 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:15 am 

Rolan wrote:

Just make sure you clear the harbour so the new shipment has space to dock 8-)
8-)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:35 am 

Jared wrote:
Yudansha wrote:

When will I be ready to receive a winning power ball ticket? Anyway, I have heard this sentiment before, perhaps there is some truth to it. They also say "things happen for a reason." I've never bought into that one, but lets say just for the hell of it that they do, It seems the two might be connected.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:04 am 

Yudansha wrote:

When will I be ready to receive a winning power ball ticket? Anyway, I have heard this sentiment before, perhaps there is some truth to it. They also say "things happen for a reason." I've never bought into that one, but lets say just for the hell of it that they do, It seems the two might be connected.
Paradoxically, everything is always available,
but until your foundation is strong.......

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:50 am 

Yudansha wrote:
Jared wrote:
Yudansha wrote:

Conditions have to be met before receiving, or rather, creating new experiences.

If you cannot accept your circumstances then you don't get to create new ones. It has nothing to do with liking your circumstances, but just seeing them as they are. That is the proactive part of what Jared is writing.

It's more to do with relinquishing yourself to your inner intelligence, life stream or whatever you want to call it. It knows better than 'you'.