Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Time to stop lurking
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:58 pm 

Hey everyone I am Caster and I am here to learn. I was into pua for a long time but something about it never felt right. I had all these techniques and methodologies and yet my results were never anything someone with no "education" could not also achieve. Pimping was always fascinating and I found my way here eventually. I would say I have grown from reading all the posts and want to thank everyone for it. I enjoy reading and if anyone has some good books tucked away I would be happy to check them out (particularly interested in the manual by w Anton atm). I have since arriving already chewed through 21st century fox (paid for it), Brent's indifference and archetypal male, the great female con and of course the pimpsophy. Anyway my mindset has been radically altered, thank you.

Something I have not seen anyone here talk about but I find interesting is the ancient philosophy of stoicism. It really meshes well and has many of the same concepts discussed. For instance I like the stoic explanation of indifference the best. They believed that the world could be broken into things which depend solely on ourselves and those things beyond our control which we should be indifferent to. By indifferent they meant to make no differences between these things, to assign them no moral value, and perhaps most important, to accept them. Indifference as acceptance of everything outside of ourselves equally.

Post subject: Re: Time to stop lurking
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:03 pm 

Quote:
The Stoics taught that destructive emotions resulted from errors in judgment, and that a sage, or person of "moral and intellectual perfection," would not suffer such emotions.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoicism

I relate to this alot and still make many mistakes that causes me inmense pain, thinking look i'm doing something you can't instead of thanking the person that helped me willingly or unwillingly to do it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:02 am 

Welcome!

Yeah, I was into Seneca a while back. Its good shit. Nowadays Eastern philosophy stuff resonates with me better. But you could do an awful lot worse than the stoics.

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:43 pm 

Thank you for reminding me of the Great Female Con book. Been meaning to read that for ages and just finished it today 8-). Quite a good book imo. Has some notable points where it differs from Esther Vilar's The Manipulated Man book.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:25 pm 

Meraki wrote:
Welcome!

Yeah, I was into Seneca a while back. Its good shit. Nowadays Eastern philosophy stuff resonates with me better. But you could do an awful lot worse than the stoics.
I have kind of gone the opposite direction myself haha. All roads lead to Rome eventually though you might need to make some u-turns.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:05 pm 

Welcome caster!
Yep I must say stoicsm resonated well with me at a core level.
Also wondered why it was never brought up on here since it is so close to pimp tight in many aspects. Any ideas?!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

Merrick wrote:
Also wondered why it was never brought up on here since it is so close to pimp tight in many aspects. Any ideas?!
Quite simple

No one brought it up here before

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:38 am 

Merrick wrote:
Welcome caster!
I like Grinus's answer and my expansion on it is we all talk about what we know and know about what we are exposed to. The most exposed ideas are profitable in some way and it is hard to make a buck off such an old Idea. Even if you tried it wouldn't be that profitable, too much red pill and too much work. People like ideas like diets where you eat whatever you want and never excercise and techniques to get laid which require no serious external or internal changes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:19 am 

Welcome homie. Lots of good stuff on this forum. I've only been on it for a few weeks and I've already been exposed to a lot of great stuff. The guys on here are all about the inner game and stepping outside the matrix. Really good shit that is gonna change your life on here.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:14 am 

"Caster"?

Are you a wizard?

I don't like wizards. Big problem in my town.

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . ."

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:25 am 

You are just jelly because you didn't get your Hogwarts invitation letter Pokemon Trainer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:34 am 

fufe wrote:
You are just jelly because you didn't get your Hogwarts invitation letter Pokemon Trainer
I suspect that shrine in Hogwart was rigged...
Dunno, never read the book, never watched the film.

:lol:

oh, welcome caster.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:43 pm 

I took my name from outlaw star, I like the connotations. Sure you can cast spells but there are many other things as well, nets, glances, hooks. Everything that is cast I like to think however, including spells, return to the caster in someway.